Small Rant
10:35 AMJust something on my mind after attending church this morning. Hopefully, this won't offend anyone. Haha. Nevermind. I know it will.
Anyway, there is a church we've been attending that takes communion every week. Ok, cool. Not a big deal. Here is my issue: I believe that we as Christians take Christ's death to the extreme. Why do I say that? Well, the songs that we usually sing is about how glorious the cross is, or how much we are in debt to Christ because of the cross. Do not get me wrong in that I don't think Christ's death was important. It was very important. Without the death of the Perfect Lamb, we would never have any hope to live eternally with God. That cross is our bridge for eternal life. In simple terms, it's like this:
Ok, we got our Sunday School lesson out of the way. What I am focusing on is the last picture. Without the cross, we would have no way to reach God; however, we are so focused upon Christ's death that we often forget that it would be completely insignificant without Him rising from the dead. (No offense to those who are from other religions, but this is where I'll get myself in to trouble.) See, Christianity is completely different from other religions because we believe in someone who wasn't just another man who walked the earth, did some miracles, gave us some rules to live by, and then just die. It's the fact that He rose from the dead that makes our belief completely different from anything else. If Christ had not risen from the dead, the death of the cross would be completely useless and insignificant.
So, ladies and gents, when we take our communion, yes, do it in remembrance of Christ in what He had done for us, but also remember that He just didn't stay dead.
/rant





0 comments:
Post a Comment