One Step Forward
7:43 PMI took another step forward tonight, ladies and gents.
These last four months have been a process of becoming a better, not bitter, person. Yea, this post may sound a bit materialistic, but unless you've been married yourself, you would understand where I am coming from.
I bought a new ring for myself tonight. Yes, I'm wearing it on my left ring finger. Ever since I threw my ring at my ex, (not my finest moment,) my finger has been naked ever since. Yea, I wasn't married a long time, but having a wedding ring was something meaningful to me. It mean I belonged to someone. It symbolized a union with someone that I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with.
Obviously, we see how that worked out.
I bought myself a new pearl ring.
Pearls are so beautiful. Pearls take a long time to make. Not all pearls are all perfectly round, like the one in my ring. It makes it more valuable. Well, that's why I now wear this pearl ring on my wedding finger: I am valuable and rare, just like a perfectly round pearl, and that my pearl of a future relationship takes time, just like the making of a pearl. This ring, above all, is a reminder that the perfect things, the rare things, take time.
Looking forward and up.


2 comments:
That's a wonderful sentiment to have about yourself Ellen. You are an amazing, strong and beautiful woman, and I'm glad that you'll always have something to remind yourself of that.
Gorgeous ring.
My mother did this exact thing after her divorce. She is an amazing woman of faith, and so are you. Lots of love. <3
Post a Comment