My Mommy
12:44 PMMy mom is pretty much amazing, so this post is dedicated to her.
I am incredibly blessed to have the relationship that I have with my parents, especially with my mom. she has been my rock through a lot of my hard times, especially with my divorce. Growing up, she was a mom. She disciplined me when I was in trouble. She praised me when I did well. She and my dad came to all of my competitions and shows. She and my dad sacrificed so much for all three of us girls. They have worked their tails off in order for us to have a good home. We've never had a lot of money, but they always worked with what we had. She taught me to always do my best. Whenever I was in a predicament, she would help me see the different options that I had. The only times she would tell me what to do is if it would affect the rules of the house, or if it affected my overall well being.
As I have gotten older, she has transitioned from being a "mom" to "my best friend." Of course, she will always be "my mom," but it's a different relationship that I have with her than what I had while growing up. We go out together and we have a good time with each other. She surprised me with tickets to go see Beauty and the Beast. On Thursday, my mom took me to see it at Elliot Hall of Music. Of course, Beauty and the Beast is the best Disney movie out there, so why shouldn't it be the best musical out there? (I have yet to see Wicked, so for now, it's Beauty and the Beast.) Even with the craziness of Purdue traffic (uuuuugh) and little kids misbehaving throughout the show, I had an amazing time with this woman.
My point? I can only hope that I can be a mom like her one day. She has been the best example of how a wife and mother should act.
I love you, Mom!


0 comments:
Post a Comment