Awkward Turtle
7:38 PMHave you ever had one of those moments where you just wanted to do the awkward turtle? If you do not know what I am referring to, please look below:
People get awkward about divorces.
How do I know? The tone everything completely changes when you tell someone that you are divorced at 23. They look at you with confusion, then mumble something, then say that they are sorry. I look at them, smile, and say, "You didn't cause it. He did." Boy, that tends to make them shift uncomfortably. I just find it so interesting how I am able to talk about my divorce with ease. I mean, I don't blab it around or anything of that sort. We were all talking about marriages and the like, and I mentioned something about mine, and people looked at me as if I was a crazy person. They saw I didn't have a wedding ring on and asked if I was married. I said, "No, I was, but I am divorced." Then, they ask how old I am. "I'm 23." [insert awkward turtle here.] People don't know how to handle it that I am so young and divorced already. Heck, sometimes I wonder how I am handling it as well as I am right now. But, well, that is what happens when you have an amazing God that I can fully depend on to help me through anything, even during one of the darkest times of my life.
No awkward turtle here.


1 comments:
Is it sad I just sat here trying to do the awkward turtle and failed miserably?
Also, Your background is pretty but it's hard to read your blogs with it and the white text. :(
Post a Comment