It's Over!!!!
1:22 PMI made it through all of the holidays and my birthday in one piece!
Hallelujah!
It was quite a challenge, especially on New Year's Eve, but I made it through. There was one point in the night that I did start to feel sorry for myself, and that was at midnight when everyone was loving on each other and I really didn't have someone at my side. But that's OK. I knew it was going to happen so I prepared myself for it. I just mainly reflected over the past year of everything that has happened in my life. I started to get sad, but what mainly got me through it was that I have been shown so much love from my family and friends, even when I have been at my worst. I did end up having fun all around, but I won't lie and say I didn't have a pity party for myself at one point.
Oh, I am also now in a relationship. HA! I should probably mention something about that. He is a very sweet guy. Unfortunately, he travels a lot for his job, which could be a good or a bad thing. See, to me, I am trying to turn it in to something where I can learn, grow, and be a better person because of it. What I have always done is become attached to someone when I am in a relationship. Now, it's not a bad thing, but it is bad when that person doesn't reciprocate the attachment. I believe this guy does emotionally, but physically, he can't due to traveling. But when he is home, he does have the attachment. So, what is my rambling about? It is forcing me to become more independent while he is away. it is forcing me to go back to my hobbies, or find new ones. I really want to take a few classes, like on glass making, and this may be the excuse that I was looking for. Also, it is forcing me to not give up on my friends just because I am now in a relationship. I really do think something good will come out of this, whether we work out or not, but this is a good thing for me. He is helping me become a better person, whether he knows it or not.
I also celebrated the big 2-4 yesterday. I was ecstatic to walk in to work and find a pink sock monkey for me, along with a balloon. I was also given this jar that has an electric butterfly in it, and if you press the top, the butterfly will flap around the jar. It suffices my ADD needs. HA! And, R was incredibly sweet to think of me and give me these gifts. After work, a few of us went to the Cheesecake Factory for some fabulous food and drinks. The waiter brought out a cheesecake with my name written. I almost started to cry because I felt so special. All I wanted for my birthday was to feel special, and my friends did an amazing job doing it. We then went to a pub that had Karaoke, and it was AWESOME! I had so much fun! I was even serenaded! HA! Overall, it was the best birthday I could have ever asked for.
2012 is starting to look like it's going to be a fabulous year. I look forward to so many opportunities with my friends, my family, my job, and my relationship. I can't wait to share it all with you.
Cheers!

0 comments:
Post a Comment