I Feel Morbid



The last 48 hours haven't been the greatest lately.  I've driven on icy roads, which includes doing a complete 360 on the road, and somehow, not going in to a ditch.  I've also been sick with a stomach flu, and that hasn't been fun.  So, now that I've thrown my small pity party, I'm going to go in to what has inspired me the most to write tonight.

I've been talking to a friend and he had a relative pass away.  My heart broke for him when he told me the news.  It made me think about my grandmother passing three years ago.  (Side note:  Where I work, her cemetery is right next to the building.  Slightly creepy.)  I think about how much I miss her.  I think about all of the lives that she has touched throughout her life here on Earth.  As I was also talking to my friend tonight, though it was more like arguing, I also thought about the choices that we have left here. 

Ok, so how does this all tie in together?  Well, I often think about my own funeral.  I think about who would actually show up to pay their respects.  I think about what would be said about me.  I think about the lives that I have touched, or maybe, the ones that I should reach out more to.  Going back to my grandmother, she had so many people from the nursing home come in for the viewing, and it made me proud to be her granddaughter, and to be the one named after her.  And then I think to myself, Am I able to touch as many lives as she had?  The answer?  Yes.  We have a choice every day to touch someone's life.  We have a choice every day to make someone smile.  We have a choice every day to show someone that they are cared for, that they are loved, that they are wanted.  It is a choice.  I am sick of hearing all of these excuses why we don't do this for one another.  Either, we're too busy, or we don't like this person, or what's in it for me?  There shouldn't have to be a reason to extend this grace and love towards others. 

So, what is your choice?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

I'm Popular!