Idolize
11:22 AMSo, this may be just a bunch of meaningless rambles, but I just need to get this out there.
Have you ever had the one person in your life that you have always turned to when in need? You've had the one person that you have sought out to be the perfect companion that will never fail you? I hate it when we invest so much in to a person and expect perfection. Why do we do that? Why do we expect perfection from imperfect people? Why are we so surprised and hurt when that special person fails us one way or another? Why do we get angry about it when we honestly have no right to do that? Yea, we can get angry over the actions committed, but do we have a right to be angry at that person because they are imperfect beings?
I guess that's what happens you place a person above your relationship with God. I keep forgetting (and then being reminded) how I can't keep investing myself fully in other human beings when I need someone there for me. It's that instant gratification that someone is right there beside you (physically), and things feel automatically better. But then, when you have invested yourself in that person, and they fail you, we're just so surprised that a human being failed. How in the world do we keep doing this to ourselves? Again, instant gratification. It's harder to trust Someone when they are not in flesh to be with us. All I do know is that His yoke is easy, and His burden is light. I know He would never fail me.
I just wished I would trust that more often.

1 comments:
Remember life is not only about having people there for you in your time of need but you being there for others. Our life's trials and tribulations are all significant to us in one way or another. If friends feel as though it is all one sided or they aren't receiving the same attention they are giving you they will pull away.
Life is about seeing things from every angle even if it's not what we want to see. We are not perfect but then again no one is. So can a person really be chastised for not rising to your expectations? I'm unsure. But I do know that sometimes people place the bar far too high. Relish that you have loved ones there for you, par take in their life as they do yours. Remember while life isn't easy for you right now it may not be for others in another way.
I write this not in purpose of angering you but perhaps to see it from the other angle I was speaking of.
Post a Comment